True story: We were contacted by out DSS (now DCSA) Representative last week. She sent us an email on Wednesday wanting a “quick, 20 -minute ‘Advise & Assist’ call this Thursday”. She offered no list of information to review, just made it sound like a nice “how-ya-doing, friend?”
What great FSO’s read!
This my face during a surprise pop quiz from DCSA.
You don’t have to get ready if you stay ready!True story: We were contacted by out DSS (now DCSA) Representative last week. She sent us an email on Wednesday wanting a “quick, 20 -minute ‘Advise & Assist’ call this Thursday”. She offered no list of information to review, just made it sound like a nice “how-ya-doing, friend?” chat was going to happen. Don’t worry, gentle readers, we were ready.
- Update all your Key items!
- Make changes where necessary.
- Provide travel debriefings to your summer vacationers who left the country.
- Update your “Travel Tracking” spreadsheet since your last inspection.
- Register with DISS
- Administer any scheduled annual training: Annual Refresher, Insider Threat, Self-Inspections.
- Keep signing up for the “DSS In Transition” demos: DISS, NISS, KISS (okay, that last one is fake.)
- Get ready for FSO PROs contest – lots of awesome prizes and “FSO Kudos” to show your boss!
- The KMP List
- The company address
- The company name information
- The SF328
- Two account managers who work at the company (W2 personnel)
- Personnel List updated (and be able to state the number of personnel in your organization’s JPAS off the top of your head – it feels awkward while they wait for you to count!)
- Periodic Reinvestigations initiated
- ANY Corrections (birthdays, NDA dates, citizenship, names) implemented or processing
Me during the DCSA pop quiz.
It can be awkward when they wait for you to count your JPAS personnel. Real awkward.
- All active DD254s
- The current Government Contracting Activity, point of contact name (usually the Contracting Officer), email, phone number
- NISS Validation Pages for Subcontractors
Once more with feeling: DISS SET UP!“Why do we have to do this again? JPAS is still the system of record!”
RRUsThe government is already rejecting some RRUs (Requests, Research and Upgrades) in JPAS with instructions to send a CSR (Customer Service Request) in DISS instead. These requests can make the difference in the timeliness of personnel clearances, so you want to use the right system.
SF312sAlso, as of 1 August, SF312s must be submitted through DISS.
Bottom lineTo keep personnel clearances moving forward, get your DISS Account set up! If you already have your DISS account and your other users set up, this part is not for you. Go back and lie by the pool or however you are enjoying your summer and we will see you next month!
You have to communicate clearly to all systems. And try to forgive DCSA when you can.
If you are having trouble completing your tasks, maybe get a friend to help you.
PII Training: http://iatraining.disa.mil/eta/piiv2/launchPage.htm
Cyber Challenge Training: http://www.cdse.edu/catalog/elearning/DS-IF101.htm 4) Email the entire packet (PSSAR, LOA, and Training Certificates) to: dss.DISSProvisioning@mail.mil Subject: PSSAR Request
- Free Monthly Templates
- Free “MarketFlix” videos for your Team
- Planners and To-Do Lists
- Text Alerts
- Free Admission to FSO Contests
- Free “ask a question”
* Coffee Mugs!
* Membership Clubs!
* Training Videos!
* One Hour FSO Support!
* SVA Prep!
FSO PRO thanks all the FSOs out there for everything you do to keep the warfighter safe. Even the smallest task is designed to keep our nation’s information out of the hands of those who would do harm. We, as FSOs, are doing our part to stay vigilant and determined to protect those who protect us, even in our own small way.
That is why we say how awesome you are. And thank you.