What great FSO’s read!
It’s time to celebrate the way The Hoff intended. With milkshakes and class.
Wow! What a Year!Let’s face it – there were a LOT of changes for FSOs this past year. There were new systems, “DSS In Transition” (DiT), a new way of doing inspections, lots of changes to DSS ISR personnel… only Meghan Markle can relate to how much “new” stuff has been happening this year. Most of us feel good just getting through it all. However, this newsletter is not called, FSO-Gettin’-Through-It-All (although that is a bit catchy). This is about experiencing GREAT success as an FSO. We like to think of this newsletter as a Tony Robbins-meets-adrenaline-shot for your program. So – let’s let old systems be forgot (but we still miss you eFCL!) and embrace a plan for an amazing year.
- Complete all FSO Courses!
- Complete a formal Self-Inspection.
- Review DD254s for compliance and correctness.
- NATO Briefing, if required.
- Administered the Insider Threat Briefing & Annual Refresher Briefing.
- Enrolled for a NISS Account through the DSS Portal.
- Logged into JPAS, NISS and DISS on a regular basis.
- Initiate Periodic Re- investigations as needed.
- Remove/Add person- nel and access as needed from all sys- tems of records as needed.
- Get your free, 1-page “2019 FSO Action Planner” from FSO PRO to plan the new year.
- Take your Vitamins! (We promised Mom we’d say that.)
The 5-Step Plan to an Extraordinary Year!To be the FSO you want to be in 2019 is not difficult as long as you have the dedication, focus, correct tools and of course – the FSO PRO team at your disposal! Follow this path to begin the best FSO Year
Without FSO PRO, the path can be very tricky. The above path is called, “No thank you, I’ll wait in the car.”
• Take an opportunity to review things posted in the FSO Toolkits, CDSE trainings, and other items that are available to you that can be used to benefit your security program, and they are all FREE for you to use.
• Get the free resources that FSO PRO offers with each monthly newsletter or go to our website for free downloads. We are also happy to answer, “what is this for?” types of questions.
• Logins and new account processes
• Meetings/Calls with your DSS Rep and your CISA to help identify your critical assets.
• Annual Requirements If you need more – we sell an “Ultimate FSO Planner” on our website that has a LOT more tools.
“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.”
– Benjamin Franklin as he fought Zeus, probably.
• Calling your DSS Rep
• Scheduling a “Security Awareness week” with a speaker
• Updating your JPAS training
• Conducting specialized training
• Building your “Security Library” on a shared drive
• Using NISS… Take it from us – who got this from our Mum – you get a great energy surge and sense of victory if you spend January 2019 addressing all the tasks you are likely to procrastinate.
Easy for you to say, Richard! (But seriously, we can do it!)
• Go to the NCMS events and talk with other FSOs. You may find a great mentor!
• Participate in FSO PROs polls, contests and lobbying events – the subscriber list to this newsletter is growing each month. That is a lot of opportunity to help and encourage each other so don’t be shy about speaking up!
• Eat foods with nutritional value
• Go for a run
• Lift the weights
• Take the vitamins recommended by Mum!
Actual photos of FSO PRO warm ups. You should see the actual workout. *eats 3rd donut*
Thank you! Thank you!One more big Thank You to all the FSOs out there who have become part of the “FSO Success Newsletter”. Our goal was to help business FSOs become very successful at managing and implementing a NISPOM-compliant, security program. Many of you have also followed us on Instagram and Facebook and we have laughed, commiserated and learned together over the last 12 months.
• NISP Planners
• Training Spreadsheet
• FSO Budget Planner
• Checklists for pre-screening, new hires, personnel clearances and more! Get 10% off if you ask This Guy for more information!
For those not bi-lingual, this means “You’re awesome” in French.
* Coffee Mugs!
* Membership Clubs!
* Training Videos!
* One Hour FSO Support!
* SVA Prep!
FSO PRO thanks all the FSOs out there for everything you do to keep the warfighter safe. Even the smallest task is designed to keep our nation’s information out of the hands of those who would do harm. We, as FSOs, are doing our part to stay vigilant and determined to protect those who protect us, even in our own small way.
That is why we say how awesome you are. And thank you.