FSO PRO is here to help!
This is NOT the last of the DISS talk from FSO PRO. In fact, as of this week, the Visit Access Request function has moved from JPAS to DISS. I got a panicked text yesterday from a member of Executive Management who forgot to tell me they had an IMPORTANT meeting with a General and they needed a visit request immediately because they were standing at the front desk, waiting.
We got to learn how to do a DISS VAR on the fly—FUN! Did I mention that the information for the executives in question had not migrated from JPAS to DISS yet? More FUN! (Better check your DISS version of the PSM Net to make sure everyone is there, by the way.)
Have we made instructions yet? You bet we have!
In fact, here are all the instructions we have either created or obtained from NCMS (and the GREAT Cathe Kaohi who has been an FSO since the NISPOM was in Latin!) for YOU in your time of DISS-stress:
- Adding a User
- Submitting a SF312
- Adding a Subject
- Uploading a VAR
- Submitting a CSR and checking the status
- How to Grant Access
- Tips & Tricks
Want these? Ask us and we will send them to you!
Taking a break from DISS to focus on a huge value-add that FSOs can be for their companies this time of year, let’s talk about “Proposal Season”.
A LOT of proposals are due by 30 September— just before the new Fiscal Year begins. It is a very stressful time for the Business Development teams due to that impending deadline.
What Happens for FSOs Around This Time Each Year:
- The finance and proposal teams have had near nervous breakdowns over the re-competes and new awards. “Can we get a TS FCL upgrade by next week?” (FSO PRO Answer: No, you cannot.)
- HR has sent you dozens of resumes to vet for clearances – “What? He said he has an Active Top Secret! What do you mean he is Archived?”
- FSOs are contacted by contracting officers for your “CSA Office and address” to put on DD254s and
- FSOs are simultaneously in and out-processing personnel – “What do you mean you shredded your badge, Bob?!”
Key Ways FSOs Can Add HUGE Value During Proposal Season:
- Log into NISS and run a current “FCL Validation” for your organization. This may require you to have the Facility Verifier Role in NISS if you don’t have it yet. While you are there—make sure your Facility Profile is correct!
- Make sure that your DISS account is active — DISS is where you can check whether a potential new hire is in “Continuous Evaluation” or not.
- Create your own “Data Call” that outlines the security metrics for you company. For instance: the level of your FCL, how many cleared personnel you have, and at what level the percentage of cleared personnel at your company.
- Update any VARS in DISS or VALS to go to security officers for new option years.
Want To Have Some Fun?
The next couple of months are great for promoting “Security Aware- ness” at your organization.
Here are some security games created by DCSA to engage your personnel and increase security knowledge—even while working from home!
Thank you for Following!
I know, as a rule, Security Officers frown on using social media. That’s a good rule. However, our social media FSO, Shea, has been putting together some fun, free things that will add a smile to your FSO heart and maybe test your knowledge on Facebook and Twitter!
Here are a few posts:
NISPOM “Pop Quiz”
Free worksheets, checklists, and planner items Announcements and threat awareness
Quick Tips & Ideas
Contests with Prizes for FSOs
Need more explanation or assistance with any items mentioned this month?
Contact FSO PRO!
FSO PRO thanks all the FSOs out there for everything you do to keep the warfighter safe. Even the smallest task is designed to keep our nation’s information out of the hands of those who would do harm. We, as FSOs, are doing our part to stay vigilant and determined to protect those who protect us, even in our own small way. Need more explanation or assistance with any items mentioned this month? Contact FSO PRO!
That is why we say how awesome you are. And thank you.