There is only one month until 2020 and I say let’s wrap up this challenging (they changed EVERYTHING!) year in a strong way! Here is your own “Twelve Days of a FSO’s Christmas” (or, whatever holiday you prefer. We are going with the classic song here, not mandating your holiday preference)
What great FSO’s read!
12 Lords a Leaping?? It’s a Festivus Miracle!
(Also, I am pictured above. Hint: I am the one with the fanciest poet shirt.)
On the first day of Christmas, my FSO gave to me…There is only one month until 2020 and I say let’s wrap up this challenging (they changed EVERYTHING!) year in a strong way!
Here is your own “Twelve Days of a FSO’s Christmas” (or, whatever holiday you prefer. We are going with the classic song here, not mandating your holiday preference) Countdown Calendar to conclude your 2019 FSO Year in a way that improves the security posture of your organization.
- Clean up your Security Records.
- Audit your personnel training files.
- Send courtesy remind- ers for any pending training.
- Log into JPAS, DISS, NISS, SWFT and any other timed data base so you don’t get locked out.
- Remove any personnel who should not be in JPAS by out-processing or contract ending.
- Check on your open investigations to ensure things are moving smoothly.
- Get your 2020 Annual Calendar together (don’t worry – we are going to help with that!).
- Update your passport.
- Do at least ONE of the 12 Days of Christmas Action Items! Your pro- gram will thank you for it!
Make sure your formal self-inspection is done and uploaded to NISS. Most DCSA Reps prefer a “self-certification” memo to the entire Self-Inspection Handbook going into NISS.
Baby Yoda can relax and enjoy his Frappuccino because his contracts have no NATO requirements.
There are a lot of accounts to maintain for FSOs these days. There is JPAS and DISS – where all KMPs need to have US Access at the same level as the organization and both need back-up account managers. FSOs need to have NCAISS logins and an active NISS account. It is recommended that you have a SWFT account if you don’t use an electronic fingerprint vendor to help with that. Make sure all your accounts are working correctly and that you are logging in in a timely manner.
This is the FSO PRO recommended way of destroying SF86s.
Good communication is important, either by email or projecting brain circles whilst riding your seahorse. Check with your IT department on which is better.
Because… Because he went down… In History. I’ll see myself out…
- Request for Information, Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Operating Agreement
- Board Minutes, KMP List, Summary of services and critical technologies, DD441 and SF328
- JPAS Personnel Reports, Ghost Report, Periodic Reinvestigation schedule
- Contracts list, all active classified Contracts (DD254s), subcontracts (issued by your organization) and NISS Validations for subcontractors (run before subDD254 was issued)
- Self-Inspections & Self-Inspection Memos, annual Personnel Security Investigation projections
Briefings and Trainings
- Training Materials, all training acknowledgement forms, Privacy Statements, Debriefings Policies & Procedures
- Disciplinary Policy, Standard Practices and Procedures, other security-related policies Reports
- Adverse reports, security violations and suspicious contacts
Baby Yoda thinks this is all really good information.
We at FSO PRO are so grateful for you.
- Independent Contractor lists/Consultant Certificates
- FSO Training, education and appointment records
- Insider Threat Program Training, Insider Threat Plan, Working Group meeting notes
- Newsletters, community involvement, NCMS membership, confer- ence attendance, etc.
And on that note…The FSO PRO Team wants to thank all of you “FSO Superheroes”! In 2019, we over DOUBLED our subscriber list and have appreciated your feedback and recommendations. It may feel like just a compliance program but together, we can save the world! Stay Classy(fied) Superheroes and may you have an amazing and blessed holiday season and a Happy New Year!
I just really like this picture. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all. Let’s kick butt in 2020.
* Coffee Mugs!
* Membership Clubs!
* Training Videos!
* One Hour FSO Support!
* SVA Prep!
FSO PRO thanks all the FSOs out there for everything you do to keep the warfighter safe. Even the smallest task is designed to keep our nation’s information out of the hands of those who would do harm. We, as FSOs, are doing our part to stay vigilant and determined to protect those who protect us, even in our own small way.
That is why we say how awesome you are. And thank you.