FSO PRO is here to help!
The difference between an FSO who gets Superior ratings and the one who gets less is not as big as you may think! Success is the cumulative result of consistent actions and habits.
During the first few moments of the Continuous Monitoring phone call with your DCSA Rep, he or she will tell you that assessments are not being rated right now.
That takes a little bit of the pressure off but it is still possible to obtain a “Vulnerability”, or as a lot of you like to say, a “Ding” on your program.
Want to know what the biggest DING! is right now? Keep reading!
Get your Working Group together!
In the latest “Voice of Industry” newsletter—which is the monthly newsletter that DCSA sends— they listed the #1 vulnerability currently being identified as: Not establishing an effective Insider Threat program at your organization!
FSO PRO can support that statistic with actual facts— we have attended 2-5 CM calls since March and it is one of the biggest topics discussed!
We FSOs have had since 2016 to start working our Insider Threat program. Now, the government is looking at what we have implemented. Here are the items we find that they want to see:
- Personalize your plan! CDSE was great about providing a template to get us started (if you don’t have that let us know) but now we need to plug in names, meeting times, report gathering periods, and self-inspection dates. These are just a few items that feed into the program.
- Establish your “Working Group” AND make sure they have taken the “Establishing an Insider Threat Program” Training. You need your tribe to make an effective Insider Threat Pro- gram. This group is usually HR, Finance, First Line Manager, and IT. Sometimes that is all one person and sometimes it is several. Get them to take this training!
- Actually MEET with your Working Group. Don’t just have it in the plan, meet with them. This can be done via web meeting, email exchange, during a regular staff call, etc. We made an “Insider Threat” tracker for these meetings, just to get you started.
Need some of these items? Ask us and we will send them to you!
- Master Insider Threat Plan
- Insider Threat Study Guide—to give you ideas
- Insider Threat Working Group Tracker
- Self-Report Template for record keeping!
JOIN THE CLUB!
For those of you who find the constant changes overwhelming, fear not! The FSO PRO team, the FSO “Superhero Members”, and the FSO Success newsletter are here to provide you with support, templates, checklists, tools, and strategies for marketing all of this to your organization!
Together, we FSO Superheroes will move one another successfully into the changes ahead!
Are you a small business FSO?
Our FSO PRO “Superhero” Membership is for small business FSOs or FSOs who wear multiple hats! With our club membership, you receive
- Free fingerprinting!
- Free Monthly Templates
- Free “MarketFlix” videos for your Team
- Planners and To-Do Lists
- Text Alerts
- Free Admission to FSO Contests
- Free “ask a question” And more!
- and more!
“Nothing has helped me more than my FSO PRO Superhero Membership!” ~ Current Member
“I would have been unprepared for my Inspection without FSO PRO helping me.” ~ Current Member
Need more explanation or assistance with any items mentioned this month?
Contact FSO PRO!
FSO PRO thanks all the FSOs out there for everything you do to keep the warfighter safe. Even the smallest task is designed to keep our nation’s information out of the hands of those who would do harm. We, as FSOs, are doing our part to stay vigilant and determined to protect those who protect us, even in our own small way. Need more explanation or assistance with any items mentioned this month? Contact FSO PRO!
That is why we say how awesome you are. And thank you.